• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danbc
    • Oct 2001

MySQL probs moving between hosts :(

Hey guys, HEEEELP!

As the MySQL noob I am, I´m having serious problems with a host move

Basicly the hosts are identical, both are running php5 and MySQL 4.1, but for some reason I get import errors when importing the tables, and all danish charectars has been changed from our special æ,ø,å to wierd chars.

Impex can´t be used since the source host wont allow it.

So how do I import my db on the new host? Even tried Navicat, but same problems appear with some of the tables so can´t do full import, and have even triede to copy/paste each table as a query, same problem

Please someone have a magic wand, coz I´ve spend a week on this, and haven´t come anywhere
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

How was the backup created, and how are you trying to restore it?

Make sure the characterset on both the old and the new database are set the same.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Danbc
      • Oct 2001

I´ve tried both using the backup funkction within Vb admincp and by making a export through phpmyadmin, same result. I think the charset is the base of the problem, because the new host is set at latin_danish and the old is set as latin_swedish, so how do I proceed with that?

Import is done both with importing the backed up .sql file, and by copy/pasting them manually as a query, but still no dice

I have only base knowledge og MySQL, so have no advanced skills in querys etc

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

If you have access to SSH/Telnet, i suggest you try a manual backup from the command line, see:
        - Backing-up your MySQL Database Manually
        - Restoring your MySQL Database Manually

If you don't have SSH/Telnet access, you might want to ask your host for assistence. Using the SSH/Telnet method is the only reliable way of backup and restore.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Danbc
          • Oct 2001

Problems solved , tnx for the help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...