Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackers8923
    • Dec 2002

No Avatars showing in Postbit

I'm having trouble getting the avatars to show in postbit, they appear in the user profile no prob.

I have tired all options that have been listed here.

All hacks and plugins have been removed this is as good as a fresh install.

I have also tried the new style but no luck.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I don't see how this is possible unless you've modified something. What's the URL?

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mackers8923
      • Dec 2002

I'm going to try your instructions above before I show you the url but I assure you all hacks and plugins have been removed or deleted and all templates have been reverted on my old style.

The new style is the one I'm currently using!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

And I assure you that this will work on a non-modified vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mackers8923
          • Dec 2002

I thought you would

Comment

• mackers8923
            • Dec 2002

I have now tried this and still no avatars.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

And the URL is?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• mackers8923
                • Dec 2002

I have PM'd you with a temp login

Comment

• ForYou
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.6.x

Hello ,

I need to know what the solution for this problem becuase i have the same one ,

Regards

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

For future reference, please do not PM me for private support. I don't ask for much but that is one thing that bugs me.

My guess is that it has something to do with your oversized avatars but I really can't tell more because the login you provided does not have Admin permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• mackers8923
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      For future reference, please do not PM me for private support. I don't ask for much but that is one thing that bugs me.

My guess is that it has something to do with your oversized avatars but I really can't tell more because the login you provided does not have Admin permissions.
                      Well I was hardly going to post a login in a public forum was I and I didnt send you a request for support. The temp login now has admin rights

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

If you didn't send me a PM for support, then what was the purpose of it?

And that account does not have full Admin permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• mackers8923
                          • Dec 2002

There was no point in showing you the url as I have obvious permissions set - hence a login for you to gain access.. admin access should be now set.

On the avatar point, all avatars that were on the system worked fine in 3.5

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

As per the Suspect File diagnostics I can see that you have not uploaded the original files. Also you have not created a new style with the original templates to test this out with.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• mackers8923
                              • Dec 2002

I had done all of this but removed the style as it made no difference. The files are a genuine upload which was downloaded last night from vb.com and uploaded more a less right away in ASCII..

edit

Everything apart from the image files that is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...