Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leviw
    • Jan 2003

Chat room capability?

I'd like to host a chat room with my message board, does vBulletin 3 offer this?

Where can I find a list of features offered by vBulletin 3?

I purchased vBulletin 2.2.9 last night thinking it was the newest version. When I realised there was also a version 3 I went back to see how I missed it.

On the ordering page there was no option for version 3.

Is it possible to upgrade at no additional cost due to the 1 day difference in ordering dates? I purchased an unlimited lisence.

Any advice or input would be appreciated, especially about adding a chat room into the board itself.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

vB 3 has not been released yet.

As for the questions, there are no plans to incorporate a chat room function in vBulletin. And here is a partial list of the feature set:

Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 14 Jan '03, 4:13pm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• leviw
      • Jan 2003

This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

This site is running vbulletin v.2.2.8, I will ask on their boards but wanted to respond and show that it is possible to have a chat room included in vbulletin.

Now to find out how they did it. =)

Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes, there are hacks available that will integrate a chat room with vB - and vbulletin.org is running one suxch hack. However it will not become a standard part of vBulletin for the foreseeable future.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...