I can't keep people from filling my forums with spam? Anyone know what I can do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NelsonJonKane
    • Sep 2011
    • 4.0.x

I can't keep people from filling my forums with spam? Anyone know what I can do?

All I can do is erase the spam posts every day. The spam posts are sent under different screen names each time, and from a different internet provider each time.
  • fragov
    • Feb 2005

You should install anti-SPAM hacks from vBulletin.org
    I've install several of them and setup standard anti-bot system in vBulletin and now amount of successful spammer registration is close to zero.
    vBulletin Services | Полтава форум | Poltava Forum

Comment

• rootsxrocks
      • Aug 2009
      • 4.2.X

Using questions and answers instead of captcha I have had one spammer in the last 8 months.
      Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

• NelsonJonKane
        • Sep 2011
        • 4.0.x

How do I use captions and answers? I don't know how to activate that.

Originally posted by rootsxrocks
        Using questions and answers instead of captcha I have had one spammer in the last 8 months.
        __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

I don't know how to change my settings to use questions and answers.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Are you using vBulletin 3.5? This version doesn't support Question and Answer and has very basic support for Image Captcha. I suggest upgrading to vBulletin 4.1.X instead of using insecure and out of date software that is over 5 years old.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...