Changed my Server Login Password .. Forum is down with database error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Nope, the only place we store anything is the config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• Successfulsteps
    replied
    In that same config.php file? See I was worried after I changed it because a coder had told me (who was supposedly familiar with vbulletin) that there were actually 4 different files that passwords were stored in on the host in the vbulletin files. I didn't trust the coder though, so I went in and changed the password and then when the forum went down, I began to worry that I needed to hunt to for four files instead of one.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Not a problem.

For security, in your control panel you should liklely add a new mysql user with its own unique password, and add that user to the database.

Leave a comment:

• Successfulsteps
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Did you update your config.php files password?

Its in the forum folder under includes/config.php
    Thank you for prompt response as I have an active forum with over 600 members and I was panicking.

I had thought all along it was the config.php in the very first directory; so I would never have found that one. I updated the password and now the forum is back up! Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Did you update your config.php files password?

Its in the forum folder under includes/config.php

Leave a comment:

• Successfulsteps
    replied
    oh I forgot to mention, I did not setup vbulletin, so I wouldn't have known about which files if any this needs to be in.

Leave a comment:

• Changed my Server Login Password .. Forum is down with database error

I was concerned about security and changed my server password and my FTP access and now I have a database error with the forum down. Are there files I need that master password in? If so which ones.

Please help soon my forum is down!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...