Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drjeff
    • Jun 2005

some can't post to 3.5.4

Can someone help me with what I need to change in my admin? Registered users (but not me) are getting "insufficient privileges" alerts when they try to post.

Must be some setting that I can't find (I thought privileges were all set correctly but apparently not).

Board has been inactive for almost a year, possibly due to this, but now I'm trying to build my community at http://www.homevet.com/forum/ again.

Thanks!

Jeff
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Check to see what usergroup these users are in that are having problems. Then check Usergroup Manager > Edit usergroup > and make sure they have posting permissions. Then also check Forum Permissions > look up a forum > click to Edit their usergroup > make sure they have posting permissions

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• drjeff
      • Jun 2005

Thanks Lynne. My only 3 usergroups are me (admin), registered user and banned. I already checked the specific forums (and they are all OK), but this seems to be a forum-wide problem.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You should not just have three usergroups. vBulletin comes with 8 default usergroups. You cannot delete them without causing problems on your board.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• drjeff
          • Jun 2005

Thanks again Lynne. I have not deleted or modified anything in vB. Those usergroups are the only 3 of which I am aware.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...