X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niteflyer
    • Apr 2006

errors running 3.5.4

I am running 3.5.4 with cmps 2.1.0.
    Recently my server folks did some upgrading and i assume to php5 and mysql5.anyway my site was unreachable until they did something on their end to make it work.

Now i am getting all sorts of errors regarding the word "phrase".

I decided to finally do my upgrade to 3.8.4 in hopes that maybe it would fix my problems however i am running into problems even there.the main problem right now is that when i go to admincp to turn off my forum as per intruction i get the following error and can't get to the page to turn it off:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT varname, text
    FROM phrase
    WHERE phrasetypeid = 5000 AND
    languageid IN(-1, 0, 1)
    ORDER BY languageid ASC;

MySQL Error : Table './xxxxxxxxx_forum/phrase' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    Error Number : 145
    Date : Thursday, February 18th 2010 @ 09:19:46 PM
    Script : http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.net/forums/adm...ons.php?null=0
    Referrer : http://www.cxxxxxxxxxx.net/forums/ad...dex.php?do=nav
    IP Address : xx.xx.xx.xx
    Username : Niteflyer
    Classname : vB_Database

it seems there is a problem with mysql but have no idea how to fix it so i can proceed with upgrade and/or stop the zillion errors of the same type to my email box every time someone posts.

Does the forum HAVE to be turned off to upgrade or is there a way for this ignorant sole to temp fix it so i can proceed? Or should i delete my whole forum and start with a new one,,,i hate that cause i have had this forum since 2006

thanks in advance for any help as i am at wits end

edit,,,sorry i just noticed this should have been posted in the 3.5 section but since i had 3.8 upgrade on my mind i clicked the wrong forum,,sorry

niteflyer
    Last edited by niteflyer; Thu 18 Feb '10, 4:29am.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Go to Maintenance > Repair/Optimize tables and select the table that is marked as crashed (in this case the phrase table) and run repair/optimize on it. You may have to do this a couple of times until you get the OK.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• niteflyer
      • Apr 2006

thanks for the reply however i have done this so many times i cannot count them. the only thing that happens is it tells me to do what you just said and what i had just done,lol

here's what i get as an error when doing the repair: Error: Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `phrase`" to fix it!

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

If you can't repair it via the vbulletin script, you may need to do it one of the ways mentioned in here - 3 ways to repair a database

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• niteflyer
          • Apr 2006

ok,,tried those but still no go

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

You'll need to talk to your host then and see if they can do anything about it. Otherwise, you may have to revert to a backup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...