• Baron Tayler
    • Oct 2008

searchnoresults_getnew phrase not working

Hello,

When visitors to the forums at http://www.ppcflyingforums.org/forums
    click on New Posts, if there aren't any, they see:

Could not find phrase 'searchnoresults_getnew'

They're supposed to see the related phrase:
    Sorry, there are no new threads to view.<br /><br /> You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, <a href="search.php?{1}do=getdaily">here</a>.

What the heck is going on? If there are new posts, they're displayed correctly. This only appears if there are no new posts. It started happening earlier today.

I tried going into the Phrase Manager, and it doesn't display any of the phrases. None. It tells me how many pages of them there are, and if I click next page the screen "loads", but no phrases appear.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
    Baron
  • dodgeboard.com
    • Nov 2005
    • 4.0.x

Did you just recently do an upgrade? If so, do it again. If not, are you at the latest version? If not, an upgrade should fix the phrases.

EDIT: looks like you are at 3.5.4. I'd upgrade right away.

Comment

• Baron Tayler
      • Oct 2008

Thank you for your response. That being said...

I've been using vBulletin forums for a long time. I'm not knocking your advice, but why is it that the first thing everyone says is "Upgrade." Why should I upgrade if the system, which has worked fine for years, and should continue to do so, meets the needs that's asked of it? Why spend the money to fix something that shouldn't have broken? I can't be the only one this has happened to. There must be another fix other than spending money for an upgrade.

I've just noticed that the whole "phrase" system has stopped working. I do have a backup of the whole server (gotta love RAID systems) from last week, and this problem only started today. So, what file(s) should I restore from the backup that would fix this problem? That, to me, seems like a more reasonable fix.

Thanks,
      Baron

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

One good reason - the version you are running has security issues.

Another one, vB 23.5.x is no longer officially supported.

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file to the install directory. Then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then reimport the vbulletin-language.xml file. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...