X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukgopedforum
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.5.x

Database error

My forum has got a "Database error" its happened many times before but only for a day or so... This time its been like it for around 6 weeks...

www.ukgopedforum.co.uk

I am 100% useless with all things to do with computers and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to whats happened.

Many thanks
    ~Tris.
  • wda2015
    • May 2001

you say your forums is that but looking i see http://www.petrolscooters.co.uk/forum/#
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

<!--
      Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, data
      FROM vb3_datastore
      WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','languagecache','prod ucts','pluginlist','cron','userstats','birthdaycache','maxloggedin','iconcache','eventcach e','mailqueue');

MySQL Error : Table 'petrolscooters.vb3_datastore' doesn't exist
      Error Number : 1146
      Date : Monday, September 14th 2009 @ 01:05:34 PM
      Script : http://www.petrolscooters.co.uk/forum/
      Referrer : http://www.ukgopedforum.co.uk/
      IP Address : 77.x
      Username :
      Classname : vb_database
      -->

That's the erorr we're talking about.

Comment

• ukgopedforum
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.5.x

Sorry the ukgopedforum is a redirect to petrolscooters.co.uk/forum...
        So its a mysql error then? In laymens terms, how do I go about fixing it? Again I'm so stupid with this kinda thing, so bear with me I dont even know what mysql is!!

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

First step is to check if the database petrolscooters has a table with prefix vb3_ called datastore.

Comment

• ukgopedforum
            • Jan 2008
            • 3.5.x

Is this something that the vbulletin support could help with, if I paid for it, or is it a seperate issue?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

This support [Support Ticket System] has priority over forum support issues.

Member to member support can still help you resolve any issues you are facing. You can wait to for Staff and have to be patient, as they have more then unusual issues at the moment.

Comment

• ukgopedforum
                • Jan 2008
                • 3.5.x

Ok, it seems the database has been lost completely and the server does not have a backup of the database.
                As it was an owned license, can I get another forum installed and start from scratch, or would I need to purchase a new vbulletin ver 4 license. Also there is a backup of the forum from '06 on the ftp for the site, could the threads from that backup be transfered onto the new forum?

Comment

• borbole
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by ukgopedforum
                  Ok, it seems the database has been lost completely and the server does not have a backup of the database.
                  As it was an owned license, can I get another forum installed and start from scratch, or would I need to purchase a new vbulletin ver 4 license. Also there is a backup of the forum from '06 on the ftp for the site, could the threads from that backup be transfered onto the new forum?
                  Did your host tell you about the db being lost completly? Check the db name at your config.php file, then go to the phpmyadmin and choose it from the list of the databases and check things out for yourself. I say that because I had a case like this a while back when the host said the same thing to a client of mine and after I checked the db it appeared that it was not true.

Anyway, yesy you can restore the backup from the '06 but that is a very old backup. And all the members, posts, topics etc that were acquired since then (when the backup was made), until now will be lost.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...