Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ANT
    • Dec 2007

Quick upgrade question...

I recently installed a few products on my vB 3.5.3 board. These add-ons apparently messed up some of my phrases so I'm trying to just upgrade the entire board to vB 3.7.4.

The upload instructions read:

Upload all files from the 'upload/' folder in the zip, with the exception of 'install/install.php'. Then open the 'upload/includes/' folder. In this you will find config.php.new. You should rename this to config.php and then open it in a text editor.

Open your browser and point the URL to http://<span style="color:red">www.e.../forum/</span>install/upgrade.php (where www.example.com/forums/ is the URL of your vBulletin). You should now be automatically forwarded to the appropriate upgrade script and step.

So what's my problem? My problem is, I don't appear to even have an install directory on my server.

How do I upgrade my vB without having an install directory? I don't want to just overwrite my current vB files and screw everything up.
  • ANT
    • Dec 2007

Apparently reuploading the vbulletin.language.xml file would fix all of my phrases problems, but I don't have the vbulletin.language.xml for vB 3.5.3 and can't find it anywhere either.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

You can download 3.5.3 from the Members Area by clicking on 'More Download Options'.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ANT
        • Dec 2007

Done.

However, my board's so screwed now it won't even let me access the admin panel. Check this out:

teenplanetforums.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, teenplanetforums.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Yikes.

Everything was working fine and then this happened, seemingly out of nowhere.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

For future reference, right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. That will show the real database error message:

MySQL Error : Table './teenplanetforums_com/phrase' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot access the Admin CP you can also use phpMyAdmin to repair tables.

If that doesn't work then this may be too damaged to fix with the normal methods. Please check out this thread for other ways to repair a db, particularly items #2 and 3:

You may have to ask your host to try and repair this for you.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ANT
            • Dec 2007

Thanks, Steve.

Looks like the table's too busted to even repair. It doesn't even appear to contain any data. It's size is 0.0.

Think upgrading the entire board will fix the issue? I'll try to find a way to upgrade it even though I have no install directory.

Comment

• ANT
              • Dec 2007

Hmm.

Looks like phrase is fixed, but I'm still getting this error for every thread I try and view:

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:
              Invalid SQL:
              SELECT
              post.*, post.username AS postusername, post.ipaddress AS ip, IF(post.visible = 2, 1, 0) AS isdeleted,
              user.*, userfield.*, usertextfield.*,
              icon.title as icontitle, icon.iconpath,
              avatar.avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustomavatar, customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline,customavatar.width AS avwidth,customavatar.height AS avheight,
              level,
              deletionlog.userid AS del_userid, deletionlog.username AS del_username, deletionlog.reason AS del_reason,
              editlog.userid AS edit_userid, editlog.username AS edit_username, editlog.dateline AS edit_dateline,
              editlog.reason AS edit_reason,
              post_parsed.pagetext_html, post_parsed.hasimages,
              IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid

FROM post AS post
              LEFT JOIN user AS user ON(user.userid = post.userid)
              LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON(userfield.userid = user.userid)
              LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON(usertextfield.userid = user.userid)
              LEFT JOIN icon AS icon ON(icon.iconid = post.iconid)
              LEFT JOIN avatar AS avatar ON(avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid) LEFT JOIN customavatar AS customavatar ON(customavatar.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN reputationlevel AS reputationlevel ON(user.reputationlevelid = reputationlevel.reputationlevelid)
              LEFT JOIN deletionlog AS deletionlog ON(post.postid = deletionlog.primaryid AND type = 'post')
              LEFT JOIN editlog AS editlog ON(editlog.postid = post.postid)
              LEFT JOIN post_parsed AS post_parsed ON(post_parsed.postid = post.postid AND post_parsed.styleid_code = -1 AND post_parsed.styleid_html = -1 AND post_parsed.styleid_php = -1 AND post_parsed.styleid_quote = -1)

WHERE post.postid IN (0,557163)
              ORDER BY post.dateline;
              MySQL Error : Table 'teenplanetforums_com.post_parsed' doesn't exist
              Error Number : 1146
              Date : Friday, September 4th 2009 @ 11:09:32 PM
              Script : http://www.teenplanetforums.com/foru...ad.php?t=37363
              Referrer : http://www.teenplanetforums.com/foru...isplay.php?f=3
              IP Address : 76.179.207.74
              Username : ANT von Luvintits
              Classname : vB_Database
              Ever seen anything like that before?

Comment

• ANT
                • Dec 2007

Fixed it by running ALTER TABLE postparsed RENAME post_parsed query.

Woohoo!

Now to find out if I can upgrade without an install directory.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Good job.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...