X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KoV Jerriel KD
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

Need help asap

OK i have a MAJOR problem right now. A member got into the Main Admin account and took the rest of our people in Admin out of it. i need help on being able to add an Admin but not though the Admin CP. i have Super Admin on the site (though using the Config.php settings) but is there another way?
  • bigwater
    • Jan 2007

If you have superadmin through config.php, you have control. He can't touch you unless he also has access to config.php. Edit the file if necessary to make sure nobody else has superadmin, then nuke the troublesome user from the database.

Might leave a little bit of trash to go back and have to clean up later, but "delete from (prefix_)user where userid = XX" will stop him dead in his tracks. Of course replace XX with the user ID number. This will at least lock him out of everything so you can practice damage control for a bit.
    Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• KoV Jerriel KD
      • Jul 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by bigwater
      If you have superadmin through config.php, you have control. He can't touch you unless he also has access to config.php. Edit the file if necessary to make sure nobody else has superadmin, then nuke the troublesome user from the database.

Might leave a little bit of trash to go back and have to clean up later, but "delete from (prefix_)user where userid = XX" will stop him dead in his tracks. Of course replace XX with the user ID number. This will at least lock him out of everything so you can practice damage control for a bit.

But i never made it so that i was uneditable which is the problem right now.

is this all in the Config file? or some other file?

Comment

• bigwater
        • Jan 2007

Yes.

Code:
         // ****** UNDELETABLE / UNALTERABLE USERS ******
         // The users specified here will not be deletable or alterable from the control panel by any users.
         // To specify more than one user, separate userids with commas.
        $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = 'X';
        Replace the X with your user ID
        Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• KoV Jerriel KD
          • Jul 2009
          • 3.8.x

That has been edited but i still have no access to the Admin CP

Comment

• bigwater
            • Jan 2007

Go back to the database and make sure your usergroupid is set to 6. PM me if this still doesn't get you back in.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...