Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark 23
    • Jun 2009

Forums

Hi I forgot how to make a forum private so people can register and then get approved. Can someone help thank you.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup (Unregistered) -> Can View Forums -> No

Then if you want to moderate all new members:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mark 23
      • Jun 2009

Steve thanks but one of the forums within in forum is what I meant sorry.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If it's within a forum that it has to have a parent. You can only have child forums and parent forums. There is no in-between option.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mark 23
          • Jun 2009

Steve it's a forum within a forum and want to allow registred users who pass criteria only to have access would i have to make up a new user and to allow those users access only then?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Mark 23
            Steve it's a forum within a forum and want to allow registred users who pass criteria only to have access would i have to make up a new user and to allow those users access only then?
            Sorry I have no ideas what you mean. Please try explaining again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Mark 23
              • Jun 2009

To have access to a certain area on the forum I wan to be able to approve social groups etc.. So they have to fill out registartion and have to approve members.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

There is no option in vB to moderate the creation of new Social Groups.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...