• Show
Clear All
  • Patrick McCarthy
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.5.x

3.5.4 Query

Hi folks,

I'm a noob...

Purchased vBulletin 3.5.4 a few years back to host our martial arts forum but had to get a colleague to set it up, in spite of the "easy-to-set-up" advertisement. Yes, I'm technically retarded! Admittedly, however, it's been surprisingly simple to oversee ever since.

That said, I've never done an upgrade or even know how to do such a thing - kind of a simple rule; "if it's not broken, why fix it?"

I have two questions:

#1. I have approx 700 subscribers, none of whom have ever had a single problem using our [vBulletin] software, until now. One subscriber [our most active] complains that he' not getting any notices to his many posts! I've checked his subscription several times and even tried making a new account for him, but to no avail.

What should/can I do?

#2. I've only noticed, since joining this forum, that it's possible to download the latest 3.8.3 version of vBulletin. As a license holder am I able to do this for free?

Thank you

Patrick McCarthy
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

1. My email filter use to do this to all incoming mail from my site. I made a little adjustment to the filter, then my mail started to get though.
    2. If you still can download the latest version, then do so and get vBulletin Staff to guilde you though the installation steps... (Once you provide them with information about your host.) Installation and or
      Support Contracts are safe bets into getting things done. (I would get he phone support, as you can get verbal instructions if you get stuck...) or maybe they can do a Remote Access connection and you can visual see how this is done.

Comment

• Patrick McCarthy
      • Jun 2009
      • 3.5.x

Thank you Joe

Much appreciated.

Patrick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...