Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark 23
    • Jun 2009

Search Function

The search function is down on one of our forums any idea what would cause this? Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Not really enough info. Please provide all relevant information.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mark 23
      • Jun 2009

Serach function on the forum for users does not work. Advanced search is working for Admin. I am thinking something in the settings is not set correctly?

Comment

• Mark 23
        • Jun 2009

It is only brining up threads, posts from the past week and not the arcives of the site.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

So it's working, just not bringing up results from every forum?

Check your Usergroup Manager > select usergroup > Search Permissions and make sure users are allowed to search.

Check vboptions > Message Searching Options > make sure searching is enabled and check the other settings on that page

Check Forum Manager > select your archive forum to Edit > make sure new posts are indexed in the search engine

If that doesn't fix anything, it may be best to supply a link to your forum and a test username/password so someone can test this out.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Mark 23
            • Jun 2009

Thanks a lot I'll check on that ran a forum for a longtime first time owner of them.

Comment

• Mark 23
              • Jun 2009

Seems all that is correct.

Comment

• Mark 23
                • Jun 2009

It only seraches the past week not longer seems it's locked on a timer setting or something.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mark 23
                  It only seraches the past week not longer seems it's locked on a timer setting or something.
                  There isn't a timer, however it will only return x amount of results (one of the options in vboptions > searching options). Also, if you had searching off in a forum, and then turned it on, that doesn't make all the threads searchable suddenly.

What Search Type are you using (vboptions > search type)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Mark 23
                    • Jun 2009

Yes the V bulletin serach still can't figure out the issue.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

What's the URL to your forums? Have you installed any third-party add-ons?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mark 23
                        • Jun 2009

www.iamtan.com

nothing was added to it Steve thanks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

You have rebuilt the search index, right? Is so then the next step would be to upgrade to at least 3.7.6 to see if you have the same problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...