X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scuzzy
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Transfering to a new host

We are trying to move our website from one host to a new host before we upgrade to 3.7. We're running 3.5.8. I have found that the website is considerably slower on the main page when access it at the new host:

I'm also unable to get into the admin control panel, after I login it just takes me to the login screen again. When I turn debugging on in the config.php file the system just hangs and doesn't respond. Are there checks the system does to see if it's really on your domain? Any pointers on diagnose these issues prior to switching where the domain name points?

We've done a straight copy of the files and backup of the db and restore. Everything seems to load fine, just extremely slow.. and the admin control panel issue.

Scuzzy
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Please reset your cookie path and cookie domain variables. These should not be set unless you have multiple vBulletin installations on the same domain name. You can reset these using tools.php.

Follow these steps.

1) Upload tools.php from your "do_not_upload" folder. This should go into your admincp directory.

2) Load this in your browser by going to: yourforums/admincp/tools.php

3) Enter your customer ID.

4) Click on Reset Cookie Path and Reset Cookie Domain.

5) Delete tools.php from your server.

6) See if you can login.

When you have done this, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...