X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pokkagreentea
    • Jul 2006
    • 3.5.x

admin and mods locked out!

I (admin) and my mods have been sent emails saying that we have requested a password change.

Suspecting something foul was up, we did not change our passwords and logged in with our existing ones, but once we keyed those in, we got locked out for having wrong passwords! I have been locked out for no reason at all and so have my mods.

So we tried to reset our passwords, and the scary thing is nothing seems to work. The new passwords generated do not work!

What is going on? And what can we do?

Please help, thanks!
  • pokkagreentea
    • Jul 2006
    • 3.5.x

Ok I have tried using another admin account to log into the control panel but there seems to be something wrong with the control panel.

Right after the

Thank you for logging in,

Click here if the browser does not automatically redirect you

the screen goes back to the username and password field prompt.

I can't log into the control panel! What is going on?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...