Registration times out (just moved to new server) everything else working ok.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobradude
    • Mar 2001

Registration times out (just moved to new server) everything else working ok.

I'm running latest PHP5 ISAPI, Windows 2003, latest mysql. Site and features are running really well, but the registration times out since moving to this new server. This is after the final registration screen.

Any ideas? I tried disabling image and email verfication but that didn't change it. php is set not to time out for several minutes, but it eventually does every time.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you get an error? What is it?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cobradude
      • Mar 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Do you get an error? What is it?
      Thank you for the quick response. The browser just says the connection has been lost after the timeout. It just sits and spins for quite some time and then it times out. Nobody seems to be able to register on three of my sites. I'll send you a PM with my web site.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

This is a server issue. You need to contact your host about this. See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cobradude
          • Mar 2001

Thanks Steve. The thing is that my wait_timeout is set appropriately. I don't doubt it's a server issue, so you may not have the answer, but it is odd that the only place this is experienced is at registration. Everything else works perfectly. Any thoughts as to why that might be?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

There is more to that than the wait_timeout setting. You need to go though everything.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...