HDI: Disable email notification for thread subscription for specific usergroups?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Primal Rage
    • Oct 2004

HDI: Disable email notification for thread subscription for specific usergroups?

I would like to disable email notification to subscribed threads for specific usergroups or even delete the subscription all together for specific usergroups.

Basically i want for usergroup A to have 0 subscribed threads and 0 email notifications.

What is the SQL query to run for this ?
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Your member(s)
    AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Do not Subscibe

New Register member(s)
    AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options -> Options -> Automatic Thread Subscription Mode: Do not Subscibe

You would need to add a conditional for only this group not to view link within a template edit.
    Template Conditionals
    Template Conditionals List - Some

You would do a phrase search and then apply conditional statement around that dropdown menu.

Comment

• Primal Rage
      • Oct 2004

your suggestions are great and i have actually already applied them....

The issue at hand here is i have a usergroup that is currently not allowed to access the site but are still getting emails for threads they are subscribed.

So i want to remove subscriptions to that usergroup, as far as I can see i only see the option to delete subscriptiosn to all users and not a specific usergroup.

Comment

• Primal Rage
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Primal Rage
        your suggestions are great and i have actually already applied them....

The issue at hand here is i have a usergroup that is currently not allowed to access the site but are still getting emails for threads they are subscribed.

So i want to remove subscriptions to that usergroup, as far as I can see i only see the option to delete subscriptiosn to all users and not a specific usergroup.
        Can anyone help me with this? I had found the correct SQL query for this and now lost it and can't remember it.

Thanx

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

Please post in the appropriate forum for the version of vBulletin that you are running. Thank you.

If you need help with custom queries then you need to ask at www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...