• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klempau
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.5.x

Can´t create new Forums and Subforum

Hi!

We´ve just moved our vBulletin 3.5.4 to a new server. Later we are going to splitt up our discussion board into two boards on two different servers, but that doesnt matter right now.

After we´ve imported the SQL DB and copied the complete discussion board folder to its new home everything went fine. All forum, threads, posting showed up.
    But If I´m going to create a new forum or sub-forum at admincp it will be inserted into the database but doesnt show up neither in admincp nor in forum. I´ve checked the insert into the database by phpmyadmin. It´s in forum table but no reference in table "forumpermission", etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

It sounds like you forgot to change the config.php to point to the new database, and it is updating the old one.

Comment

• klempau
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.5.x

Hi Floris,

no, I´ve updated the config.php. It´s a complete new hardware and I can see that vbulletin is inserting a record for the new forum into the new mysql database. I checked that with phpMyAdmin.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

If you export the .sql from the old host, and the files.
        Then create a new database and restore the .sql into it and restore the files.
        And update config.php, and don't run install.php and don't run upgrade.php

Then it should work just as it would on the other server.

Where you perhaps using datastore cache file system or remote server, instead of the default setting?

Comment

• klempau
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.5.x

That´s the way I did it. Exporting sql with mysqldump -neQ, importing it directly to mysql. I didnt run install.php nor ugrade.php.

I´m able to create new threads, posting etc. But in admincp I can´t create new categories, forums and sub-forum.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• klempau
              • Oct 2002
              • 3.5.x

Hi Steve,

phpInfo is enabled. I´ll send the URL by PM, I don´t want the URL to be public.

Thx

Comment

• klempau
                • Oct 2002
                • 3.5.x

Hi!

Ok. We´ve fixed it or not... I´ve installed a fresh copy of vB and then switched the database. Now it works.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...