Problem with editing posts (advanced editor mode)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kajgana
    • Jul 2006

Problem with editing posts (advanced editor mode)

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with my vBulletin forum. I'm using version 3.5.0 for 2 years now, with few plugins installed. A few days ago, some members reported problems when trying to edit their posts. It's either impossible to edit a post (the new text just vanishes), or when someone is trying to send a post - only a few lines are saved, the other text is gone.

It's a bit strange, because not all members have this problem, and not all threads are effected. And yes - when members change their editor mode () from advanced to basic - there's no problem.

I disabled the Plugin system just in case, but the problem still exists.

Help anyone?

Thanks in Advance.
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

First of all i strongly suggest you upgrade to a newer version, as 3.5.0 is hopelessly outdated. There have ben mamny security and bug fixes since.

To troubleshoot this, please remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

If your problem still exists, please create a new Style with no Parent set. Now browse the forum using this new style, do you still have the same problems? If you are troubleshooting login issues, you will need to set this style as board default in the vBulletin Options.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Assim
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.8.x

Yeah listen to Marco, it dangerous not upgrading, many problems happened to other forums, it's better to upgrade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...