X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kittychan
    • Jan 2007

Can I create parallel language forums?

I have our mainpage setup here:

Currently there is a link for Japanese set up in the "Site Navigation" module on the main page. (Which isn't where I want it but that's where my technical wizard put it for the moment.) I want a separate module for languages because we want to have several forums set up in parallel languages. I wnat people to be able to just click a flag link and go to the Japanese forum, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, etc.

Can I do this (parallel forums)? If so, how do I do it? I don't want a main forum page that is really long and slow loading...
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Personally I'd set your English forums up in the same way as your Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Korean and Chinese ones so only categories will be displayed on the forumhome.

Making the sections appear to run as separate sites will require a license per section. There are, however, plenty of ways to organize your site better to get the most out of it while still presenting all the information to your users that do not require multiple licenses.

Comment

• helpmehost
      • Nov 2007

If you have korean translation please share it with us

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...