X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • localraceway
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.5.x

animated gif banner code ?

i have a banner for my forum in gif file, theres about 11 images. i can set it to change every 5 or 10 seconds but when yu reload the page the gif restarts from the begining. this is not what i want it to do.

is it posible to have the banner change everytime the page is refreshed ?

is it posible for the image to stay in sequence even after the page is refreshed instead of starting over ?

i dont want it to keep changing on its own because i think that to much going on. i would liek the image to stay the same untill the page is refreshed.

is this posible to do on a gif banner ?
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

It would have to be done with separate images, not all of them in one GIF file. There's a few scripts where the images would all be in one directory, and the script calls on an image randomly from that directory every time the page is refreshed. Google for it and you'll see a number of them.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• localraceway
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.5.x

i had know idea what to look for before but now i do, thank you i found this site wich seems to be the easiest that ive found to understand but its still confusing. i will post again once i get it to work

heres the link the the site im learning from

random image script

my forum is almost complete !

Comment

• Icy
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.8.x

Banner Rotator .

Comment

• localraceway
          • Oct 2006
          • 3.5.x

i dont see anywhere i can download it at ???????

Download Now
          Only licensed members can download files Here, CLICK HERE for more information.

then it says it you bought from vb.com then click here. then all i can do is click on save my email.... then thats it, nothing left to click on.

am i just really stupid or what becasue everything i try to do i get no where when trying to get something for my Vbulletin

Comment

• Onimua
            • Apr 2005

Go back and download it then... that message should be gone and replaced with the actual download link.

Make sure the email you have for your account on vBorg is the same as the one here and/or on your Priority Support list. If you did everything correctly, then you would have a link to the download under the Download Now area of the modification.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• localraceway
              • Oct 2006
              • 3.5.x

ok i got it downloaded but i can't figure out what im supose to do with it ?

i read the directions but i just cant figure out what im supose to do. i dont know code talk or terms so it makes it that more dificult for me to understand if you know what i mean

can someone help me please on telling me what i do with what file and where i go to find it ?

i have VB 3.5

this is the second to the last step i need to finish so i can open up my forum

Comment

• localraceway
                • Oct 2006
                • 3.5.x

1. forum root directory and CHMOD. i don't know what this means ?

2. 77 the folder "/image/banners" . what ? 77 the folder ? huh ?

How can i install? (Time to install: 1 minute if you are fast enough )
                - Upload all the files contained in the "upload" folder inside the zip to your forum root directory and CHMOD 77 the folder "/image/banners"
                - Install product-brotator.
                - Go to your AdminCP > Style Manager > YOUR SKIN > Edit HEADER template and find:

Comment

• localraceway
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3.5.x

i geuss this is gonna be one of those post that dont get awensered and just sit here and die

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

If you need help with someones modification.. you should ask in the thread or on the site you got it from. We do not provide support for third party code.

Comment

• localraceway
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3.5.x

ok thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...