X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OS,
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.6.x

Spam Post/Bots - Even after Image Verification/Email Verification

Hi my website is somewhat popular with SE's and is very well SEO'ed. Over the past few months ive noticed that Spam bots or even real people are registering on the forum and posting a whole chunk of text with hyperlinks on them.

I have Image Verification enabled on my registration, also email verification. So when a new user signs up they must verify the image which is showing, also once they have passed that stage they must then go to their email inboxes and verify their email addresses in order to post.

Now even after those 2 proceedures i remain to have spam bots/people register, verify their email and make a spam post. They just make one post and run away.

How can i stop this?

Thanks.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

I recommend you upgrade to vBulletin 3.6.x, as this has a much improved image verification system.

Also, you'll always have those people that actually sign up manually, not too much that can be done about them.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• cyburbia
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.7.x

All the captchas and validation emails in the world won't stop Indian spammers, who mostly register by hand.
      Cyburbia Forums - a third place for urban planners
      http://www.cyburbia.org/forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...