X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuguru
    • Jun 2006

Change Page Title ******

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know how to change the page title without changing it in the ACP? The reason I don't want to change it in the ACP is because it will change the title affiliation throughout my site.

Basically I just want to change the title that shows up at the very top of the browser. The code I believe is in the headinclude, I am just not sure which part to change. The phrase for the title probably needs to come out and the title manually put in, right?

The reason for this title change is to help with SEO, but not having the change to affect the rest of the site. Is this right? and what template and code do I change?

Thank You,

Nuguru
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry I don't know what you mean. Please explain.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nuguru
      • Jun 2006

Change Title Example *****

Hello,

Thanks for the speedy response. I am wanting to change the title (see example attached). Obvisouly this is your title, but I want to change mine in that spot located at top left hand side of the browser.

I know that this can be done through the vb ACP, but I don't want to do it that way because changing it there also has an affect on other verbage thoughout the site. Therefore I just want to change the code manually just so it changes the page title in each page.

Therefore I am needing assistance as to what "template" I would need to locate to make this change and what "code" I would need to alter. Obvisouly it will be a phrased code.

Thank You,

Nuguru
      Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The title in that pic is not somehting that displays on any vB page. It displays on our home page, which is not vB.

I'm still not sure what you want to change exactly, and where. The vB page 'title' changes based on which page you are viewing. Please explain what it is you want.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nuguru
          • Jun 2006

Never Mind

Hello,

The "where" is in the attachment as an example. However, this is obviously getting way to confusing. I can't seem to explain it any better to you.

Never mind, thanks for your time.

Nuguru

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...