• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shawn Murphy
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.5.x

Unregistered User Posting Spam

Dear Sirs,
    I have installed all of the 3.5.x patches as they have come out for the past six months (now at 3.5.7). They have worked fine for the first few days, until it seems that some one hacks into the site. Then I find that user functionality no longer works correctly; leading to, for example such errors as previously described and now when selecting “Search for Users” from the admin interface…

Warning: main(./includes/functions_register.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /admin/user.php on line 28

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './includes/functions_register.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/webadmin/origenes2000.org/html/forums/admin/user.php on line 28

I found that someone had added an unregistered user, and posted sexual SPAM on the Forum, without having the user listed in the User table, and without generating any alerts. (Unregistered users cannot post. They have to be moderated.)

Do you know where the weakness is?

Best regards, Shawn
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

To solve the first error: Re-upload your vBulletin non-image files, except install.php.

About "unregistered members" (now that is a contradiction, they are either not a member or registered), check the permissions for the "User Awaiting Email Confirmation" and "(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation" usergroups.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...