How to Transfer license to another domain?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hostingforum-it
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

How to Transfer license to another domain?

hi,
    i have 2 questions:
    - i like to transfer my current license to another domain (i own)
    How can i do this?
    - Is there any way to transfer the whole content of the board (database ,posts, customers etc.) to the new domain? I like to have the exactly same forum running on the new domain name as i currently have.

Thanks a lot for any help.
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

You can only run 1 copy of the software for each liscence you own so after you transfer from site a to site b, be sure to delete the files on site a.

1. Yes, go into your members area and change the domain for where the liscence is being used. Pretty simple

2. Backup the database and restore it at the new site. Use FTP to transfer the files. If your keeping the same host, they might be able to help you with this.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• hostingforum-it
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.5.x

ok thanks.
      but not sure about the DB transfer as on cpanel server DB's are:
      userID_dbnme As the userID changed for any domain name there will be a problem also for DB.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

Then you'll need to backup the db on the old domain and restore it to the new domain. Use ssh, the steps are listed in the vb manual (www.vbulletin.com/docs)
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...