X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tamborinegal
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

Recurring Paypal subscriptions.

I have set up my Paid Subscriptions using Paypal and all is working fine... but when I change it so that it's a recurring subscription using Paypal, the option to pay by credit card (instead of using a Paypal account) no longer appears... why would that be? Is that something on Paypal's end or is it something that vBulletin prevents.

Thanks for any help.

Clancy
  • tamborinegal
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

Ok, I went and looked at Paypal and it seems that I should be able to set up recurring payments with the customer paying by credit card (not having to open up a Paypal account)... so is this something that vBulletin prevents?

If it is, is Worldpay the only option I have for accepting recurring payments with customers using their credit card for payments?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clancy

Comment

• tamborinegal
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

Am I asking this in the wrong section? All I'd like to know is if WorldPay is the only option I have for accepting recurring payments by credit card. Or is it something that can be done by PayPal as well?

Sorry to bump this up again, but I really need an answer.

Cheers

Clancy

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes Paypal accepts recurring subscriptions.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tamborinegal
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Yes Paypal accepts recurring subscriptions.
          Thanks Steve. But does it accept recurring payments for credit cards or just users with a Paypal account? When I test it out it seems to just want you to put in your Paypal details or to sign up for a Paypal account if you don't already have one.

How do I make it so that it accepts credit cards for recurring payments through Paypal?

Anyone managed to get this working?

Thanks

Clancy

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

I'm pretty sure you need to have a Paypal account for recurring payments to work.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tamborinegal
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

Ok, I was hoping that wasn't the case, but thanks for confirming it Steve.

Cheers

Clancy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...