X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smartin
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.6.x

Fatal Error - class_core.php?

I am getting this error randomly, all through today...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_replace() in /home/buickpe/public_html/bpgforums/includes/class_core.php on line 1862

What is going on? How do I fix?

Thanks!
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

Your PHP is missing the PCRE library. You will not be able to use vBulletin without this required library.
    Beginning with PHP 4.2.0 these functions are enabled by default. You can disable the pcre functions with --without-pcre-regex. Use --with-pcre-regex=DIR to specify DIR where PCRE's include and library files are located, if not using bundled library. For older versions you have to configure and compile PHP with --with-pcre-regex[=DIR] in order to use these functions.
    The windows version of PHP has built in support for this extension. You do not need to load any additional extension in order to use these functions.

Comment

• Smartin
      • Feb 2005
      • 3.6.x

Why does it work 70% of the time, then?

And it only started doing this today....the board has been up for almost 2 years in the same config.

Comment

• RipperHoss
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Smartin
        Why does it work 70% of the time, then?

And it only started doing this today....the board has been up for almost 2 years in the same config.
        Are you by any chance using HostRocket?

After several months of this precise problem (and their inability to track it down), I ended up moving hosts.

Comment

• Smartin
          • Feb 2005
          • 3.6.x

Yes - HostRocket..

They've been nothing but good to me so far...with the exception of this problem. It isn't doing it anymore, though. So it seems..

I really don't want to move hosts. At this point, I don't think it's a necessity. We were with Racknine before, and they hung me out to dry...so, hello HostRocket!

Thanks for the response - at least that's something no one else has been able to say!

Comment

• Radgul
            • Aug 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Smartin
            Yes - HostRocket..

They've been nothing but good to me so far...with the exception of this problem. It isn't doing it anymore, though. So it seems..

I really don't want to move hosts. At this point, I don't think it's a necessity. We were with Racknine before, and they hung me out to dry...so, hello HostRocket!

Thanks for the response - at least that's something no one else has been able to say!
            I use Hostrocket too, and I got the same problem. Everything was okay in 4 years and now I got this error.
            What do they say to you? It is very interesting to know if they will help you. I do not want to move from hostrocket either.

PS read this thread and checked my php pcre and it is enabled:

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support: enabled
            PCRE Library Version 4.5 01-December-2003

Originally posted by RipperHoss
            Are you by any chance using HostRocket?

After several months of this precise problem (and their inability to track it down), I ended up moving hosts.
            What host did you choose, is it the same good as Hostrocket?
            Last edited by Radgul; Thu 7 Dec '06, 11:17am.

Comment

• Smartin
              • Feb 2005
              • 3.6.x

They seem to have cleared up whatever problem they had....but I have gotten the dreaded error once more since then. Other than that little problem, I have liked Hostrocket. I'm not sure who else I would use at this point. I would definitely need a referral somewhere else if I were to move. Whaty a pain in the butt, though.

Comment