Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mythotical
    • May 2004

email verification problem

I am working on a 3.5.4 version and when new users register they get this message on the new page:
    Thanks for registering $username. Check it out -- you're one step away from becoming part of the most powerful Jewish teen community around!! We just sent you an email (to $email) with details on how to activate your account.

So when you get the email, you GOTTA follow the link in that email before you can post on The Lockers!! Until you do that, your gonna be told that you do not have permission to post here...

And yo -- do it soon! We're waiting to here from you!!

Notice its not replacing the variables and I have no idea whats causing this.

Thanks in advance
    Steve
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Is that the registration_complete phrase? Have you edited that phrase? You need to use variables like:

Code:
    {1}
    {2}
    {3}
    ...instead of:

Code:
    $username
    Refer to the default phrase.

Comment

• Mythotical
      • May 2004

I have referred to the default phrase, what is odd is that $username is used in the default phrase. So I'm at a loss now as I don't understand the problem because I've never had this before. Just so you know this is not on my personal site this is on a clients website.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve M
        what is odd is that $username is used in the default phrase
        Not in the registration_complete phrase on my test forum:

Code:
        Thank you, <strong>{1}</strong>. Your registration is now complete.<br />
        <br />
        You may now proceed to edit your <a href="profile.php?{2}do=editprofile"><strong>Profile</strong></a> in order to fill in additional personal details about yourself, or you could modify your <a href="profile.php?{2}do=editoptions"><strong>Options</strong></a> to customize your browsing experience of this site. If you would rather do these things later, you can do so by following the links around the site to your <a href="usercp.php?{2}"><strong>User Control Panel</strong></a>.<br />
        <br />
        Alternatively, you can simply go back to the <a href="{3}"><strong>Forums</strong></a> and start posting in threads.

Comment

• Mythotical
          • May 2004

Jake, the forum I am on here is the default phrase.
          Code:
          Dear $username, Thank you for registering at the $vboptions[bbtitle]. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration.

Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member. You will only need to visit this url once to activate your account. 

To complete your registration, please visit this url: $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid">America Online Users Please Visit Here to be Activated</a> 

**** Does The Above URL Not Work? **** 
          If the above url does not work, please use your Web browser to go to: $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?a=ver 

Please be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you visit the url. 
          Your Username is: $username 
          Your Activation ID is: $activateid 

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at $vboptions[webmasteremail] 

All the best, $vboptions[bbtitle] -------------------- 

To stop receiving this email, please visit this url: $vboptions[bburl]/register.php?do=deleteactivation&u=$userid&i=$activateid
          It has been altered but the variables remain the same in the alternate text.

Thanks
          Steve

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

You can restore the default phrases (which will not affect translations) by uploading the original install/vbulletin-language.xml file. Then reimport the language using the tools.php file (in the do_not_upload folder of the zip file).

Comment

• Mythotical
              • May 2004

ok thanks Jake, I will give that a try and report back what happens.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...