X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trgreen
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.5.x

Post count wrong when integrated with PhotoPost

I am using VB integration with PhotoPost.

My users' post counts are being incremented when they upload a picture via PhotoPost, even if they have not posted to VB. Because of this, I have a user who has uploaded 130 pictures but made no posts, and his post count is 130. However, when you click on "Show all posts by this user" it says "This user has no posts." Seems strange and contradictory.

Is this a bug, a feature, anything I can do about it other than manually rebuilding the post counts in VB?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I am not familiar with photopost. I recommend you ask the authors of that program about this. vBulletin only increments post counts when posts are made.

Comment

• DanaSoft
      • Oct 2003

That's because you have the option to "increment user post counts" with photos and comments set to YES in the Admin Options. However, you really should be asking PhotoPost questions on the PhotoPost forums.

Comment

• aacircle
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.6.x

Yep, I asked PhotoPost, and they are passing the buck back to you guys.

Originally posted by Photopost
        You would need to modify your vbulletin scripts which handle this function and modify it to grab and add in the users photo and comment counts
        Ref: http://www.photopost.com/forum/showt...48#post1204148

I would like to know how to pickup the photo upload submissions when I reset a users post count manually. Photopost increments user post count, yet when you use vbadmin cp to reset post count, it doesn't take into consideration the post count in photopost. I would like to know how I could get vb to pickup the post count in photopost.

Thanks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Sorry, but this is something you need get get help from Photopost with.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...