• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darla
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

I have a question

hi, i hope someone can help me.
    On my forum, when i click on a post to read it, it is really taking a long time to load the post. I mean it takes like 2 minutes for it load so i can read it.
    I havent changed anything so i am lost as to why this is happening.
    Does anyone know???????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • harjit
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by darla
    hi, i hope someone can help me.
    On my forum, when i click on a post to read it, it is really taking a long time to load the post. I mean it takes like 2 minutes for it load so i can read it.
    I havent changed anything so i am lost as to why this is happening.
    Does anyone know???????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Did it suddenly start behaving this way, or did it gradually get slower and slower?

How long has the problem persisted?

The first thing may be to contact your hosting provider and ask them if there has been a slowdown on their end.

Sorry for not being much help.

Comment

• darla
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.5.x

i did ask my hosting company and they say everything is working fine. it has been like this for about a week.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• darla
          • Apr 2006
          • 3.5.x

ok, i did that and its still doing that.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

What's the URL to one of these posts? Have you installed any add-ons?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• darla
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.5.x

go to my board and try any post, it happens with all of them.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

You have a lot of modifications, any one of which could be causing this. I also don't see a way to change to the style I asked you to create.

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If so, this is a server issue which you'll need to contact your host about.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...