Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tophman
    • Dec 2005

Affiliate Links Problem....not working

I am trying to find assistance with a problem I have with links and my affiliate ID.
    For instance….if I take the Commission Junction or Amazon link they give me with my affiliate ID encoded into it I copy it to my site and it gets changed and doesn’t work.

I enabled html and then pasted a link after I changed the editor mode and tried it and it worked. But when I turned off html….due to security issues…the link didn’t work.

Thus far I have succeeded in getting one affiliate link to work by enabling html…posting link…copying the link after it has been changed…turning html off then taking the changed link and pasting it on the site.

That seems like a huge amount of work to get one link to work.

I have seen on vbulletin.org that they have a hack that takes any Amazon link and adds the owners affiliate ID into that link so if anybody posts the site automatically gets credit for it.

I would like to figure out something like that for my site….maybe using that hack.
    I would also like to use something like that for Commission Junction links.

It seems like somebody else would have come up with a hack for this issue?

Does anybody have any suggestions?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What doesn't work and how do you know it doesn't work?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• taylorpiano
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

I'm having the same exact problem. instead of getting one image with the buy it link, I get 2 images and neither one works.

here is a link to show you what I mean. I paste the code into the same html link option I'm about to paste the website link

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Please open a new thread in the 3.8 forum...
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment