Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david05
    • Jun 2006

How do I change the color?

I would like to change the color of all childforum title different from the color of Category title. Would someone show me how to edit the template.

I know how to change one by one the color of childforum, category using html in Forum Manager; but I would like to know the way to edit the color without editting one bye one using htm in Forum Manager because it's take so long.

Futher more, when i edit them, they effect others templates with the color I edit for this template.
    Last edited by david05; Sun 16 Jul '06, 7:29am.
  • david05
    • Jun 2006

would someone please help me?

Comment

• slappy
      • Apr 2003

You probably need to create a Style Sheet for your new style.

First, you need to find the exact variable which defines the color for the text in the subforum. It's probably in the forumhome_forumbit_levelX_nopost and/or forumhome_forumbit_levelX_post.

You can then export that Style as an XML file, which will have all the Color settings for all the categories of things which can have colors. You can edit that text file with an XML compatable editor and change the particular color you are interested in. Then you could change the name of the file and "import" it into the Style Manager with it's "new" Style Name and work only with that "new" Style, without muching with your other Styles.

Or, you can just creat a New Style, the button is at the very bottom, under the Style Manager box, and says "[Add New Style]." You can chose the parent Style of this Style, giving it the characteristics of the parent to start, but once you edit the "Child" I believe it looses its connection to the parent and is on it's own.

Either way, editing the "New" Style should not change any Parent Style above it, but will change any Child Style below it.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment