X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jugbugs
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.5.x

Weird Ad Issue

So I almost have my forum the way I want but I am having problems with my Google Ads.

I have inserted code (gotten from here and from vbulletin.org) that places the ads on the right colomn and after listing all the forums as shown in numbers 1 and 2 here... ScreenShot1

So, you can see that the #2 ad is blank?

Now my problem is this. If I remove the #1 ad, the #2 ad works. But, if I place both 1 and 2 in FORUMHOME the right colomn (#2) appears just as shown in the above image (blank).

Now, I know the code I am using works because I cut and paste the same code into FORUMDISPLAY and evidence of that is shown @ #3 here... ScreenShot2

Do you guys have any advice? If I can get this working I am almost ready for launch day and am unbelievably excited.

Thanks in Advance...
  • Beller
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.6.x

Is it possible Google hasn't got two advert to display..
    Have you set your adsense code to display blank if no ads are available?
    You can set it to display public service ads insted.
    Boards IrEland
    TopLists-add your site

Comment

• jugbugs
      • Jun 2006
      • 3.5.x

I found this link that explains some common issues with new webpages and multiple ads.

I am assuming that since the one showing ad still only has a public service ads than that means there isnt enough content even for that ad, so the second one is going to be blank for a few day until the webcrawlers can come back.

EDIT: Also, I added more detailed information to the metadata in the General vB options area of the AdminCP.
      Last edited by jugbugs; Thu 13 Jul '06, 3:30pm.

Comment

• Jinovich
        • Feb 2005
        • 3.5.x

When your site opens and posts start being made then you should get many more ads.

We had a similar issue when we added the google ad sense to our smaller forum and when we added it to our larger forum months later we used to have a constant flow of ads.

Comment