X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airwork
    • Nov 2003
    • 3.8.x

Mysql error 1054 avatar.php

Since my upgrade from 2.x to 3.5.4 I get these errors mailed to me (hundreds of them!):

-------------------------------------
    Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: SELECT avatardata,dateline,filename FROM customavatar WHERE userid=0
    mysql error: Unknown column 'avatardata' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Tuesday 04th of July 2006 07:47:52 PM
    Script: /bulletinboard/avatar.php
    Referer: http://v-party-poker.win-2005.com/

--------------------------------------

The referer differs, but is always some kind of spam-like website.
    I don't have any plugins.
    Does anyone know what I can do about this?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Reupload the original vB 3.5.4 files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MRs2
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.5.x

I have the same problem.
      Did an upgrade from 2.2.3 to 3.5.4, and now I am stuck with this.

When people link their avatars on our board to other boards they call /forum/avatar.php

I checked the file and compared it with my old 2.2.3 file. They differ, but use the same query.

Then I checked the 3.5.4 upgrade zip file, and found that avatar.php is not in /forum anymore, but in forum/admincp. It differs totally, due to the fact that you can move avatars between database and filesystem.

Right now I have some problems connecting to my database through the MySQL panel, so I didn't look at the table, but I don't really need confirmation that the record 'avatardata' does not exist in the table customavatar.

I figure that /forum/avatar.php should have been removed.

===
      I am new to both php and mysql (and being vB admin as well), so I have a question: Is there a way to check which php-files are not used anymore?
      ===

In the mean time I will just remove /forum/avatar.php and see what happens If things go wrong I will just put it back. The people that linked to their avatar won't miss it, 'cause they didn't get it anyway after the upgrade

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

image.php now servs the avatar requests.

Comment

• MRs2
          • Apr 2006
          • 3.5.x

Yes, I saw that by right clicking my avatar.

I didn't notice any strange things happening after throwing /forum/avatar.php away.

Do you know if there is a way to find out what files are used? Perhaps vB will show connections somewhere for at least calls from within vB.

But preferably any use, since my site also has a lot built around vB. I am sorting that out at the moment, after both moving UNIX to Windows servers and upgrading. Nice job to do in this beautiful weather

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...