is there somethin i should know before pruning?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QtrCafe
    • Feb 2005

is there somethin i should know before pruning?

Hi,

I need to prune posts and threads made by one of my users. the user has almost 1,400 posts in the forum. is there something i should know before doing that??
  • slappy
    • Apr 2003

When you prune, you won't EVER get them back unless you first make a backup and save it for a possible restore.

When you prune posts, you may make the responses to those posts seem very strange, because they are 'responding" to something which is no longer there.

Then you prune a Thread, you prune all the other poster's posts as well. This may have a significant impact on their post count, and, depending on your Forums setup, might change their privileges to access certain areas or do certain things. All things to consider before you decide you just HAVE to erase this user from your Forums.

Regards,
    Slappy

Comment

• QtrCafe
      • Feb 2005

Thanks a lot slappy for the response and I am considering all that. I am going to erase that user from the database too. My question is .. is it going to effect the database or may cause any other problems that might cause some malfunctioning on the forums itself?

Comment

• slappy
        • Apr 2003

Aside from the issues I discussed, you will need to Repair & Optimize your Tables, and repeat the process, and update your Counters in the Maintenance section of the AdminCP after you finish.

Again, I suggest you make a backup JUST BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON THIS PROJECT, just in case something, unexpected, goes wrong.

Regards,
        Slappy

Comment

• QtrCafe
          • Feb 2005

Thanks a lot slappy I really appreciate ur help ..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...