X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkblade
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.6.x

Show user's local time

How do I display the user's local time on the forum by placing the code in the "footer" template so it should be shown on all the pages? I dunno the variable code for it...
    Last edited by Darkblade; Fri 23 Jun '06, 3:32am.
    Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon
  • slappy
    • Apr 2003

Isn't it already showing on all the pages or do you just want to move "where" it is showing?

For me here, it is showing:
    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:57pm.

at the bottom of all views and pages. This is set in the Usercp to your local time, with or without Daylight Savings Time adjustments.

Regards,
    Slappy

Comment

• Darkblade
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.6.x

Whoops sorry I meant by adding the user's date not the time. My bad. I would most likely want to have it like this:

All times are GMT -7. The time now is: 23rd June 2006 - 6:57pm
      Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

Comment

• Darkblade
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.6.x

Bump! Anyone?!

Comment

• Darkblade
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.6.x

Bump 2

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your posts.

From the forum rules:

Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Darkblade
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.6.x

C'mon people, I have been waiting for like 2 days now...

Comment

• slappy
                • Apr 2003

Usually, but not always, one can find answers to one's question with a little determination and thoughtful searching. Just "waiting" for an answer is frustrating and ought not to deter personal effort. But enough with philosophy.

Here's what I was able to discover with a few minutes searching on vbulletin.org.

1. Not the specific answer you are looking for, but here's an old Thread from vbulletin.org titled:

User's local time in post!

This is from 2002-2003 and vbulletin v2 specific, BUT it will, perhaps, give you some ideas on what and where to check the current version for possible changes in the current version. There is a php file download with the modifications they were discussing.

2. From the information I discovered in reviewing that Thread, I then did a search there using:

user's local time in footer

and got this Thread:

Display current server time?

Again, this is not "specifically what you wanted, but reading the Thread from March 2006 I noted that it identifies that the "local time" display is the result of the $vbphrase [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]

I then did a template search for that phrase in my Admincp --> Styles & Templates -> Search in Templates on my v3.6.0 Beta 3 test Forum on one of my styles and discovered that this phrase is listed for the Footer and printthread. I then did a search for the phrase in printthread and see this structure:

<td class="smallfont">$vbphrase[all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]</td>

Searching in the footer I find this structure:

<br />
                <div class="smallfont" align="center">$vbphrase[all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]</div>
                <br />

Between these two sources and using this code, you should be a long way to finding the answers you seek. Now your only need to determine which php file displays the view where YOU want this to display and try some of the information that is available and see if it solves your request.

And, now, with more specific information on the display structure you might get one of those with more actual coding experience here to assist with "exactly" how to accomplish what you want.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
                Last edited by slappy; Sun 25 Jun '06, 9:36am.
                Slappy

Comment

• odingalt
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Do you know what I'm tired of? Spending hours and hours on search bars, only to find snide little remarks like yours. I've spent my entire weekend in front of google search and vbulletin.com search, only to find reams and reams of questions with no answers to them. Instead? Some clever little troll writing the cliche "you know, you can find this EASILY if you just SEARCHED". Congratulations. There are no answers to be googled, because nobody has ever bothered to answer any. For the past 2 years, the de-facto standard is for trolls to come in and kill threads by telling the user to search.

Guess what? Your indexing sucks, and so does google's. We've searched the !@#$ out of these problems before we post. I KNOW HOW TO USE THE SEARCH BAR, KTHX. Please, please, trolls, just shut up for once. You don't have to make snide remarks. You can just shut up and let the thread be until somebody that feels like being useful posts instead of you.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

You are responding to a thread and post that is over 5 years old.

If you have an issue, start your own thread with all the relevant info.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...