• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newmomsforum
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.6.x

Members with restricted permissions viewing announcements

Hi Guys

I have a forum that I want everyone to know that it exsists but I don't want users in certain groups to be able to read the threads.

In this post it suggests to post an announcement to avoid confusing members who can access the forum and are presented with what appears to be an empty forum due to thier restricted permissions,

However if a user who doesn't have permission to view the threads in this forum tries to open the announcement they are given the permission denied message.

Is there a way to give members permission to view annoucements whilst restricting their ability to access threads or have I missread this suggestion?

Many thanks in advance
    Getting Down under | Download2me | Newsgab | Careercraft | Newmomsforum | Freeware Downloads
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

It seems that's a mistake.
    Users that don't have permission to view threads can also not view announcements in a forum.
    You'll have to post the announcement in an announcement forum or similiar.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• FractalizeR
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.8.x

But how about this situation?
      Announcement was published in parent forum. Users have "list" access to it, so they can view it.
      This announcement also exists in all subforums of this parent forum. User has both "list" and "read" access to this subforum and he still cannot read the announcement from this subforum because of access restrictions. Is that ok?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...