X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstbase
    • May 2005

Server and Database on different servers

Hi,

We recently bought a new server, and we want to serve the database from one server, and the php files from another.
    We moved the database, and edited the host in the configuration file. In this case, everything should work as usual. But not everything did. vBulletin through this error:
    vBulletin datastore error caused by one or more of the following: 1. You may have uploaded vBulletin 3.5 files without also running the vBulletin 3.5 upgrade script. If you have not run the upgrade script, do so now. 2. The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.
    I then uploaded the tools.php file and ran nearly everything in it, yet, it did not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

When did you upgrade to 3.5?

That error means that vBulletin seems to at least have been able to connect to your database server.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• firstbase
      • May 2005

I upgraded quite a while ago, and I run 3.5.4.
      Yes, might have been able to connect to the database server, but how to fix that error?

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

If you don't have any code modifications or addons/plugins, please open a new support ticket, providing AdminCP, FTP and phpMyAdmin login details, as well as a full description of the problem.

Thanks.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• wildcard7
          • Jun 2005

Not that it helps, but I too have the same problem. I went as far as to install the same version of PHP on both servers...

Now, I can't get either server to run the forum at all. Even after going back to a backup copy of the files & .sql dump. Running the tools.php bitfields just gives me different errors...

I'm working on it now. If I find out a solution, I'll let u know...

Comment

• wildcard7
            • Jun 2005

Found the problem. or, at least my problem. I was using Navicat MySQL studio to dump & import my .sql fle. I noticed comparing the databases from a fresh install with the imported "correct" database that several 'memo' fields were not complete or correct.

I then used MySQL Control center to execute my .sql file. this kind of worked. I had a few errors in my .sql file dealing with vbphrase, but after cleaning up (deleting the incompletes out) it worked. Maybe it will work for you too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...