X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taralushi
    • Nov 2005

send mail

Hello,

No mails can be send from my forum. This is the diagnostic result.

SMTP: localhost
    sendmail_from: None
    sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.

What do I have to do ? I am using yahoo.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

With Yahoo hosting, you need to make sure the Webmaster's email address in the vBulletin Options is using the same domain name as your forums. Otherwise email won't work correctly. (This is a problem specific to Yahoo.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Taralushi
      • Nov 2005

hello ,

i am getting suddenly this error message. Can you help ?

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.1blu.de:25 in /includes/class_mail.php on line 536

Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in /includes/class_mail.php on line 519

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

This means that you are not able to connect to smtp.1blu.de. If you are absolutely sure that your SMTP info is entered correctly, then you will need to contact the host of that mail server for help.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Taralushi
          • Nov 2005

I have tried the yahoo smtp settings, and on the first look it seems to work. I received an email in my inbox (Diagnostic).
          When i request a new password I dont not receive any email.
          I have tried it with many email accounts.

Thanks for your help.

SMTP:smtp.mail.yahoo.com:587SMTP Username:****
          Ndihmë
          Rezultatet No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check ***@hotmail.com shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...