X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jiffy
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

Avatars and attached images corrupt

I recently backed up a 2.2.9 forum and upgraded it to 3.5.4 on a new server. I nolonger have access to the old server. After the move I'm having the problem with the corrupted avatar and attached images due to the charachter set problem between versions of Mysql. In searches I saw that I needed to alter a few tables before doing the dump but what can I do now since I nolonger have access to the old setup? Can I import the old dump file from 2.2.9 into a test box running an older version of Mysql, alter the tables and then dump just those tables and import them into the new version? I can't do a full dump at this point since I'd lose a lot of posts and new members that have joined since the old dump which was done weeks ago.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No sorry. The problem is that the files were corrupted when the backup was made. Without access to the original database there is no way to fix this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jiffy
      • May 2006
      • 3.5.x

Couldn't I install an old version of Mysql and then import it into the old version and change the tables and dump it again for use in the newer version of Mysql?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

As I said you need have access to the original database to fix this which you said you do not have.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jiffy
          • May 2006
          • 3.5.x

I thought the problem was moving from an older version to a newer version of Mysql. If I take the original 2.2.9 dump file and import back into an older version of Mysql wouldn't that be doable?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

No. As I said you need the original database. The backup is corrupt and cannot be fixed. Sorry I didn't make this clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...