X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carl-NC
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.8.x

Problem with view counts

Since upgrading to VB 3.5 a week or so ago, I've noticed that the thread Views counts are equal to the Replies count plus 1. I tried manually running Thread Views under the Scheduled Task Manager to see if that would do anything, and got the following errors:

Thread Views

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/thunting/thunting.com/geotech/forums/./includes/cron/threadviews.php4): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /admincp/cronadmin.php on line 64

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/thunting/thunting.com/geotech/forums/./includes/cron/threadviews.php4' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /admincp/cronadmin.php on line 64

Done
    Help please?

Thanks,
    Carl
  • Carl-NC
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.8.x

BTW, I am running VB 3.5.4. I have also set Server settings & Optimization Options -> Update Thread Views Immediately == Yes. I have no mods or plug-ins.

- Carl

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tiberonmagnus
        • Dec 2005

So what was the fix for this? I'm having the exact same issue. Aside from having a different address, I also have the error on line 64 (as quoted by the other guy in this thread). I do have mods and hacks, but those were installed about 2 years before these issues started happening and I haven't touched it since. My "thread posts = views +1" just started happening a couple months ago or so.

Can someone fill me in on this fix?
        http://www.legionofsteel.org

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Can you please start your own thread with all of the reveleant details.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...