X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Wisener
    • Oct 2003

Email box missing

I just go this from a member who tried to change their password

Lee, I haven't been on for a while and tried to log in which was unsuccessful. I entered my email to generate a new password which was ok and I can now log in but when I select change password via the CP there is no option to change the email address so whenever I change the password it keeps asking me to enter the email address. I cannot see how to do this when the form doesn't have this field. Any clues?
    I checked it and its correct, it does ask for an email address but there is no box for it! I have looked through the setting but cant see anything to resolve this.

Anyone help?

Thanks

Lee
  • gulldarek
    • Nov 2001
    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Lee Wisener
    I just go this from a member who tried to change their password

I checked it and its correct, it does ask for an email address but there is no box for it! I have looked through the setting but cant see anything to resolve this.

Anyone help?

Thanks

Lee
    2 things that may cause that, are:

- broken "modifypassword" (try to revert it)
    - user is in the "banned" usergroup (see profile.php - starting at line 208 till 217)

Comment

• rogerdugans
      • Feb 2006
      • 3.5.x

This is a very old thread, but I have just encountered the same issue myself.

I am not sure what you mean as far as reverting modify_password- very few changes have been done to my forum and I am fairly certain that I haven't changed that...

Using 3.5.4 still.

I'm going to get my backup server back online and see if I can find anything...

This thread is all I've found here (so far.)

NOTE: I have 0 banned users, and while I have about a thousand banned email addresses/domains, I cleared that out to see if that was the issue and no difference.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Please start your own thread with all the relevant info.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rogerdugans
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.5.x

Apologies.

New thread started here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...