X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neo_Angelo
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Troublesome member

Ok i have this problem with a member on my forums, he keeps spamming up my support E-mail and i want to know how to stop him. i've banned him from the forums but as a guest he uses the "contact us" bit to post emails like this:

Spamspamspamspamspamspam
    this goes one for pages. and its clogging up the support e-mails for users who actually need support. can anyone tell me the action i need to take to take this retard off the net?
    Colin F is my hero!
  • manguish
    • Jan 2004

Er.... Disable guest emailing? Or is that too obvious?
    For all your minimoto needs : www.minimotoclub.com

Comment

• Neo_Angelo
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

how do i do that? is it in the vB options bit? i had thought about it but i wanted guests to be able to contact me if members can't log in.
      Colin F is my hero!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If you allow Contact Us emails then there really is no realistic way to stop this. You cna disable this for a while until he gets bored and gives up.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Chris!
          • Feb 2004

How about temporarily setting up an auto reply for that address?

Comment

• ChrisTech
            • Sep 2005
            • 3.6.x

I just disabled guests from using the contact form. I had so many folks using it for their free ipod links and all kinds of junk. I have a set email address on the forums under a section about bans for users to use.

Disabling it temp usually works out best.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...