Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JGL
    • Jul 2001

Forum Link of a thread is not working

When I enter the URL of a thread in the "Forum Link" line of the "Forum Manager" and then try to click on the forum name it is not working. If I enter any URL other than a thread it is working fine. I have searched but have not found an answer. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

What is the link you are using? How is it "not working?"

Comment

• JGL
      • Jul 2001

Jake, I am using a link of a thread I created in the forum so that when the forum name is clicked on the forum home page it will go to that specific thread rather than a thread listing. When I put the URL of a thread in another forum it works fine but a thread in the same forum is not working. By not working I mean that nothing is happening when I click on it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

That part I understood. I just want to see the link you are using because there might be something wrong with it.

Comment

• JGL
          • Jul 2001

Jake, Sorry..

The link I am using is:

What is strange is that a thread link from another forum is fine but a link from that specific forum does not work.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Is it possible to get a URL to your forum so I can see what it is doing?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
              • Dec 2000
              • 3.6.x

The thread was in the linked forum, resulting in continuous redirection.

Comment

• JGL
                • Jul 2001

The solution in case anybody else has this problem is to create another forum with the same name, link to the post that you want to act like a forum and then make the first forum inactive.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...