Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arob42
    • Dec 2004

How to change post to thread starter

After merging two threads the post I wanted as thread starter of the merged thread is now in the middle of the thread since its date was not the earliest. What is the best way to turn this post into the thread starter? For example, could I go into the database and change the date of the starter wannabe post to the earliest post of the thread? Thanks.
    "I'm going on a TOE Quest"
    Theory of Everything - www.toequest.com
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You can try editing the thread table for that thread and changing the firstpostid, then rebuilding the thread counters. If that doesn't work then you'll also need to change the date for that post in the database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• arob42
      • Dec 2004

Changing the firstpostid didn't work so I'm going to change the post date. However, looks like the data is stored as milliseconds since Jan 1, 1970. Is there an easy way, such as online tool, to convert a date into the format required for vBulletin's date field? Do I need to write a java/javascript function to do this?

Comment

• arob42
        • Dec 2004

I got it updated

The time format is the number of seconds since 1/1/1970 so I calculated the number of seconds in three days and subtracted that value from the current date of the post to give me a date three days earlier. Worked great. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

For future reference you can use this online tool to convert dates and times to Unix Timestamps:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...