X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fisco
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.8.x

Strange file issues

OK, this is a really strange issue so ill try to give as much information as possible.

Im trying to install VB onto my server for a friend (he has license etc..)

Whichever method i use to upload the files, whether it be FTP (ASCII) or cPanel extraction half of the files are missing, now when i say half, i dont mean whole files, i mean half of the actual files, for example:

config.php / config.php.new ends at:

Code:
        //    ****** PATH TO ADMIN & MODERATOR CONTROL PANELS ******
        //    This setting allows you to change the name of the folders that the admin and
        //    moderator control panels reside in. You may wish to do this for security purposes.
        //    Please note that if you change the name of the directory here, you will still need
        //    to manually change the name
    This is the same with a few other VB files aswell.

Server is fine, as is the software and permissions, i have 2 VB forums up and running, my friend also has another one up and running, all 3 are on the same server.

I actually installed my 2nd VB forum only 2 days ago on the same server without any issues, this forum is running fne, yet if i use those same files to try and install another at say /testvb/ the same happens, so i doubt its a corrupted download as the first (using the same files) works fine.

I have tried installing VB on another server of mine, same results.

No changes have been made to the servers in anyway, current software is:

Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
    PHP version 4.3.11
    MySQL version 4.1.18-standard

The files are ok and complete when extracted to the desktop.

Like i said, its very strange, hence the amount of information ive tried to include.

Any ideas or suggestions are most appreciated, cheers.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Only thing I can think of is that you check that there's enough space on the disk.
    If that's not it, I recommend you contact your host for help.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Fisco
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

Hi colin and thanks for the reply.

These are my servers and have well in excess of 50GB spare on each.

But........ after a bit more research on this it seems its not VB or the servers at fault.

Files display correctly when using IE, and if i use the cPanel file editor via firefox it displays the top half of the code, then if i refresh that screen it then shows it all go figure.

Other people see the full code when using the file editor via cpanel.

So either some setting on my pc is wrong (formatted the other day) or its a bug within firefox (which is strange as im using the same version as when it was working fine)

I know theres nothing you can do with regards to this but if someone else comes across the same issue they'll hopefully come across this thread and stop them from tearing there hair out like i have lol.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...