Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve427
    • Feb 2006

Views: showing one more hit than posts?

The Views count is only showing one more hit than the number of replies in the thread... This can't be right? Any ideas why?

And yes, I have this set to "Yes"
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread Views Immediately: Yes.
    Last edited by steve427; Fri 21 Apr '06, 6:35am.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Normally its best to turn that option off as it will save alot of server resources.

The threads will update themselfs about once an hour.

Comment

• steve427
      • Feb 2006

Thanks Zachery, At this point I don't care how much resouces it is taking... I'm just trying to get the view count to display correct.

Again, the view count on each thread only shows one more hit than the number of replies in the thread.... and this can't be right. Any ideas why?

++++++++++++++
      searching the web for help and I found someone elses vBullentin forum doing the same thing. Have a look.. the view count is one more than the reply count in that thread.

What is going on and how is this fixed?
      Last edited by steve427; Fri 21 Apr '06, 6:34am.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

It should update instantly, however if you just recently made that change it might take awhile for all of the thread counters to be updated.

Any reason you didn't leave it to the update counter?

Comment

• steve427
          • Feb 2006

Okay.. got it fixed. I ran optimize tables and it is working now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...