Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Champster
    • Feb 2006

Install Script Problems

I am having problems with "Running the vBulletin Install Script". When I open my browser and type the http address of my forums directory, I am forwarded back to the company that I registered my domain name with. The page basically says that the domain name is parked and nothing more.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Harold
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You are either using the wrong URL or you have not uploaded the files correctly. I'd doublecheck these.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Champster
      • Feb 2006

Thanks Steve and Interdit,

I am going to start over from scratch. Before I went to sleep last night I was backtracking where I could have screwed something up and I'm thinking it could be the selecting the correct Php File Extension. I will let you know.

Harold

Comment

• Champster
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Champster
        Thanks Steve and Interdit,

I am going to start over from scratch. Before I went to sleep last night I was backtracking where I could have screwed something up and I'm thinking it could be the selecting the correct Php File Extension. I will let you know.

Harold
        I might ahead and opt for the professional install. Steve what information does customer support need from me to do the install? Thank you.

Harold

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Once you purchase the Installation you will receive an email with a link to the installation form where you input the server details.

- FTP server, username and password
          - MySQL server, username, password and database name
          - URL of homepage and forums

Once that form is filled out correctly, the installation is assigned to one of our Techs and is usually completed within 24-48 hours.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment