• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bookling
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

Ways to edit Main CSS?

Hi

Is it possible to edit the Main CSS settings as .CSS file?

What I mean is, where is the actual CSS code for vBulletin located? The reason that I ask is that when I am testing styles it would be much quicker for me to simply link a .css file (temporarilly) to a test page and to edit the CSS markup in Dreamweaver, before copying and pasting the styles back into the relevant template/file.

Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You first need to do this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Store CSS Stylesheets as Files? -> Yes

You need to make sure you have a vbulletin_css subdirectory under your clientscript directory and that it is chmod to 777, i.e., world-writable and readable.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bookling
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.5.x

Thanks Steve.

Brilliant. That's the thing I like about vBulletin. You seem to have managed to cover most bases.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Note: You should not edit the css files, if you make a save or change to any of the css prefrences in the style manager it will overwrite it.

Comment

• bookling
          • Apr 2006
          • 3.5.x

The Style manager will overwrite the .css files? Are you saying that the Syle manager will not pick up any changes made to the CSS files directly?

OK. So I should use the CSS files to experiment and design with locally and then apply those changes via the style manager as per usual?
          Last edited by bookling; Thu 20 Apr '06, 8:26pm.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Yes, the style manager does not import changes done to the css.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...